Since its introduction to the market, Invisalign remains a popular alternative to traditional braces. At Bennion Lambourne Orthodontics, we specialize in Invisalign treatments to create the dazzling smile that you deserve. We are a certified provider of Invisalign and assembled this guide to see if it is right for you!
What is Invisalign?
Clear aligners are a popular alternative to traditional metal braces. They provide all the benefits of traditional metal braces while being discreet, requiring fewer office visits, and allowing patients to eat, brush, and floss normally. These clear aligners require more diligence and attention than traditional metal braces, making them ideal for responsible patients who wear their aligners as recommended.
Many patients do not like the appearance of traditional metal braces, so they opt for clear removable aligners. There was a lot of controversy about the effectiveness of Invisalign, but with years of advancements, Invisalign’s results can now be closely compared to traditional braces but with a lot more freedom and faster results.
Is Invisalign Right for Me?
Recent technological advances have revolutionized the orthodontics industry, providing patients with various options for straightening their teeth. One of the most popular alternatives to metal braces is clear aligners. They are discreet, require fewer visits to the orthodontist, and can be removed, allowing patients to brush, floss, and eat without the interference of brackets and wires. These benefits appeal to kids and their parents, but this treatment option isn’t suited for all patients.
Although clear aligners are designed to be removed for eating, brushing, and flossing, they are meant to be worn full time – a minimum of 22 hours a day. Patients often remove their aligners throughout the day and often forget to put them back in, misplace them, or remove the aligners due to the discomfort of a new set. This can lead to longer treatment time, more orthodontists’ visits, and more money spent on replacement aligners. There are some pros and cons of clear aligners to consider before scheduling a consultation with an orthodontist.
Invisalign Pros and Cons
- Nearly Invisible- For professional or personal reasons, many people prefer the discreet feature of Invisalign as opposed to traditional braces.
- Easy Brushing and Flossing- Instead of brushing and flossing around brackets and wires, patients can remove Invisalign trays.
- Less Visits to our Office- Although we love to see you step into our office, we know that adults have busy schedules. That’s why many prefer the hands-off approach to orthodontic treatment made available by using Invisalign.
- Commitment- Patients will need to wear their aligners for 22-23 hours per day in order to guarantee effective treatment. This proves difficult for some people and failure to do so can prolong their treatment.
- Speaking Troubles Early On- Patients report it taking about 7 days to speak normally again. The clear aligner trays mark an adjustment period for anyone.
- Not for Everyone- Some severe cases may not be properly treated with Invisalign. The best way to find out if Invisalign will work for you is to schedule a consultation with us.
Book Your Appointment Today!
At Bennion Lambourne Orthodontics, we proudly offer Invisalign as a modern alternative to traditional metal braces. Invisalign uses a series of clear aligners to straighten your teeth effectively and discreetly. Schedule an appointment with us today to learn more about Invisalign!